The 特纳中心 for Rural Vitality works to cultivate thriving rural communities by creating cross-sector collaboration opportunities to build a vibrant rural ecosystem in south-central Tennessee and beyond.
UT Southern Regional Leadership Program
Applications are now open for the 2022-2023 UT Southern Regional Leadership program! 按此申请.
The UT Southern Regional Leadership program, is a 9-month cohort designed to develop leadership capacity in South Central Tennessee. 在节目中, participants will spend time in all 13 counties of our region and dedicate time to UT Southern’s campus, sharpening their leadership skills. Each county visit will explore an important theme in rural economic and community development, particularly how that county leverages its strengths to address its challenges (see dates for a list of themes).
After completing the program, participants will have the obtained following.
- Establish a network of colleagues from throughout South Central Tennessee.
- Master leadership skills to help them in their professions, community, and regional leadership.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the opportunities and challenges within our region and how they can work to help our region grow.
All sessions will begin on the second Thursday of every month (except December). Sessions at UT Southern will be 1-day sessions, beginning at 9 am and concluding by 4 pm. 县域访问1次.5 -day sessions, beginning at 1 pm on Thursday and ending by 3 pm on Friday.
Participation in all sessions is required. 参观县域, participants are highly encouraged to stay overnight to fully experience the counties and gain the most benefit from the program. An overnight stay is required for the October session.
Below is a list of anticipated dates for each session.
- September 8 (Leadership at UT Southern)
- October 13-14 (Tourism) (overnight required)
- January 12-13 (Infrastructure)
- February 9 (Leadership at UT Southern)
- April 13-14 (社会企业家精神)
- June 8 (Leadership at UT Southern/Graduation banquet)
Participants have two options for 学费, both significantly more affordable than many comparable leadership programs.
1) $500 for participants who wish to make lodging arrangements during the county visits. Participants who select this option must cover the required lodging for the October session. Additional details will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
2) $1,000 for participants who would like the 特纳中心 for Rural Vitality to coordinate their lodging for the program. Participants who select this option will have lodging during every county visit and will not be responsible for additional lodging costs.
Participants are highly encouraged to stay overnight for each county session.
经常, businesses and non-profits have continuing education funds to help employees participate in leadership development programs like UT Southern Regional Leadership. Participants are encouraged to reach out to their employers for support.
Limited scholarship support may be available through the 特纳中心 for Rural Vitality, but scholarship support is not guaranteed.
If you have questions about dates, 需求, 学费, 和奖学金, please contact Catherine Cate, Interim Director at the Turner for Rural Vitality (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call 865-660-0090.
Building a vibrant rural community requires everyone to be part of creating innovative solutions. 在特纳中心, we bring leaders from across the community – faith leaders; federal, 状态, and local governments; business leaders; and non-profits – to build upon our assets to find new growth opportunities and unlock the potential in our rural spaces.
Small Business and Workforce Development
Growing a vibrant rural community requires a strong business community. We strive to offer resources and programs for the small businesses and entrepreneurs at the heart of our community. As rural economies shift and change, we provide programs to ensure our workforce is ready to face future challenges.
Affordable, quality healthcare is essential to the livelihood of the community. 在特纳中心, we connect our campus resources, 比如我们的护理项目, with community partners like our local hospital, 信仰社区, 以及民间组织. 通过共同努力, we find innovative ways to lower the cost of healthcare to providers and patients, building a healthier community for everyone.
Please Email us to discuss our work or possible partnerships: email@example.com